Tagged: wp webservices Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
I have added all the patches to the WordPress trac.
You can find the patches here.
Please add your opinions their as comments to these tickets.
I will continue to add any changes there until it get committed to the WordPress trunk.
Hope to see this with 3.3 release.
You can download the plugin version here to test it.
Finally i uploaded the wp webservices plugin yesterday and had 96 downloads within one day.
I am waiting for more feedback from the users. I will be adding tickets to the WordPress trunk after that and work through for getting it in the 3.3 release. I will soon update this blog with the trac tickets.
I have also fixed sending ack emails for the new users. All the methods are wrking as far as i tested them.
This week started adding documentation. Hope to finish it by next week. I changed all the user map keys for ease of use. After finishing documentation I,m planning to add the tickets to the WordPress trunk.
I started adding documentation now. I was not well for the past 3/4 days. So not much progress. I have finished testing the plugin. I’d probably finish documentation within two weeks.
Continued testing the plugin again. Nothing much this week.
I attended the IRC chat and discussed my progress with my mentor.
Next week i will focus on adding documentation.
Fixed a lot of bugs this week and tested all the functions except custom post type functions
Other functions are working fine to the extent i tested it. I would able to upload the plugin before midterm.
Do i need to support user meta. Currently most of the data including capabilities of the users are saved as user meta. providing support for user meta would be very complicated. I have to filter from set of predefined meta keys.
Steve Steiner is discussing. Toggle Comments
This week i spent some time fixing couple of security leaks. I added more options
to the admin options and changed some function. I stopped it developing as a seperate class and
decided to go with the current model. Just before the midterm i will upload it the plugin repository,
get feedback from the community to add it to the trunk
I have already released a beta version and updated the blog with details.
This week i spent on testing and fixing few bugs and changes
Next week I’m planning to create a bew wp-xmlrpc-server class and integrate all new/old methods.
I finished coding web services API. Still it needs some cleanup
Here you can find the relevant tickets.The plugin code can be found here.
- wp.newUser – allows to create a new user
- wp.editUser – edit user information
- wp.deleteUser – delete a specfic user
- wp.getUser – get information about a specific user
- wp.getUsers – retrieve a list of users
- wp.newPost – create a new post in any post type
- wp.editPost – edit any post type
- wp.deletePost – delete a specific post
- wp.getPost – get any post from any post type
- wp.getPosts – get a list of posts in the blog
- wp.getPostType – get information about a specific post type
- wp.getPostTypes – get a list of registered taxonomies
- wp.getPostTerms – get terms associated with a post
- wp.setPostTerms – set terms associated with a post
- wp.getTaxonomy – get information about a specific taxonomy
- wp.getTaxonomies – get a list of registered taxonomies
- wp.newTerm – create a new term in a taxonomy
- wp.editTerm – edit a term in a taxonomy
- wp.deleteTerm – delete a term in a taxonomy
- wp.getTerm – get information about a specific term in a taxonomy
- wp.getTerms – get a list of term associated with a taxonomy
- wp.getSettings – get blog settings
- wp.updateSettings – update blog settings
Next few weeks i will be working on bug fixing and cleaning up the code.
- As I,m not a native English speaker feel free to edit/comment on any error messages or related 😉
- Implement the send mail feature
- cleanup and bug fixing
- options are not validated individually. This may cause errors when users try to update with invalid values. The current implementation also dont validate options
Duplicate class-wp-xmlrpc-server. add the new methods if possible add new methods.
Bug fixing and documetation.
Change the plugin to use the new xmlrpc class instead of the default one.
After the end of the summer we will be able to replace the new class with the existing class hopefully from WordPress 3.3