I have submitted my project to Google Code.
I have submitted my project to Google Code.
Thanks to all for cooperation on this project.
I submitted thread in the WP Hackers list about my project.
I have uploaded my screencast on WPTV.
I want to praise my mentors Andrew Nacin and Nikolay Bachiyski, colleague Stas Suscov for helping in project application and Ofer Wald for helping in beta testing phase.
I am looking forward to incorporate my project in WP core 3.3. and I am also open to become full time committer on the WP core.
The file uploader project is completed! I’m really looking forward to 3.3’s release so I can start using it in my own projects. 🙂
Thank you for all your support, and I would like to especially say thank you to Daryl and Andrew for being awesome mentors on this project!
Hopefully I can continue doing WP development – I’ve got my regular schooling starting up this week, but hopefully I will find the time. I’m definitely planning to apply for GSoC next summer!
See you all later and hopefully soon!
I found and squished a few more bugs this week. Working on the documentation right now. Will post a more complete update on Monday, which is when all work should get over.
This past week I…
Plugin is almost complete right now. We will be having a meeting in a few hours with my mentor to review the code to see if any further changes are necessary. Then I will tag the code as final and submit it to the WordPress Plugin Directory. I will continue developing this plugin after the Google Summer of Code too, so stay tuned for some cool features afterwards 😉
After posting the 0.2 release notice I forgot to post the weekly update – sorry for the 24 h delay 🙂
Since GSoC is coming to an end, I’m glad that despite my health problems during the first part of GSoC I was able to pull it off and meet the project goals. The 0.2 release takes care of the most important bugs of 0.1 and introduces support for all major email clients, desktop and mobile. Litmus proved that the design does well on *all* platforms and even Symbian handles them quite well 😉 I will be releasing 0.2.1 this weekend, with some minor bugfixes, a few template handling improvements and some small naming changes.
One thing that I’m unhappy with is the fact, that I wasn’t able to do much work with the UI team – and because of wcsf I wasn’t able to get much input on the 0.2 version last week, either. I’m sure there will be plenty of input later and I’ll be happy to keep working on the improvements.
@westi mentioned that he’d like to see this project incorporated to the core – I’d personally love to see it in 3.4 and will do everything to keep improving it as long as it’s needed. All comments and remarks are highly welcome – I’d like to get the best out of the project and with the proper input – I’m sure we’ll be able to finally incorporate html e-mails support for WP 🙂
I would like to thank @justin and @aarondcampbell – you were both very helpful and I knew that I could rely on your help and friendly suggestions during the whole summer. The same goes for Mo Jangda – our e-mail conversations helped me a lot, cheers!
I have added all the patches to the WordPress trac.
You can find the patches here.
Please add your opinions their as comments to these tickets.
I will continue to add any changes there until it get committed to the WordPress trunk.
Hope to see this with 3.3 release.
You can download the plugin version here to test it.
Wow, where to even start- I’ve gotten so much done this week.
I finished implementing the new UI which looks a lot more like the core UI (see screenshot below):
The following are the main points of what I have been doing this week:
All in all, a very productive week. I couldn’t be happier 🙂
This week I finished some minor bugs on the plugin side and added new languages to API endpoint.
I also submitted users guide.
I also plan to work some enhancements after GSoC project, such as:
I need only to submit API endpoint code and tag version 2.0, but I cannot ping server now and I am doing it as soon as possible.
Best Regards, and thank you to all mentors and students for cooperation and suggestions. I regret because I have not have more time to participate in beta testing of other projects.
The uploader project is basically done! Here’s what was changed by this project:
The code has been committed to core – as I understand, there still may be more improvements to WordPress’s media handling before 3.3’s release, but my project’s part of the improvements is done.
P.S. Sorry about the late update – I was away from my computer all day yesterday with my family.