I was waiting for my repo to post a link to all of my patches, but since I still don’t have one, I will just write that I’m finishing my last patches which will get me safely above the milestone level 🙂 After I do this today, I plan to refresh this week some of Wojtek’s last year patches which are good but forgotten for no reason 🙂
Tagged: full throttle trac annihilation Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
This week I have submitted a patch for #17928 (probably won’t make it in this form, but a later solution can be based on the comments tree traversal) and have been working on two more tickets, which I have not solved yet. Since I still don’t have an SVN repo (probably because there were different ideas about progress reporting) if someone who can create one for me reads this – please do so, it will be the easiest way for me to submit all my patches for evaluation.
This week I have been working mostly on updating the unit test suite and two tickets that I have been struggling with for some time. Also, it seems that there were some problems with the SVN so I will be remigrating my code shortly.
Another 3 patches ready this week, hopefully I will have completed most of the required tickets by the end of June. Also, I have tuned up a few unit tests to match the tickets.
Last week the emails design went to the UI team and I started working on the template hierarchy and the generic/specific files. This part will be probably where I’ll be able to do some catching up. I also started designing how the wrapper will work and after consulting it in a few days with my mentors I’ll be able to head towards some working solution.
This was a strange week for me. I had two major exams on the Uni, and just when I thought that I have my head clear for GSoC, my computer started crashing and I spent 4 days recovering my PC (fortunately, I was able to recover the WP copy I was working on with my patches, but after the 1.6.sth Tortoise SVN update the patches contained whole files, despite no difference in code apart from single lines :P). So, I’m merging the svn-generated patches with the trunk, recreating the correct patches and I think that tomorrow I will finally be back on my feet with 3 patches for the tickets from my last week’s post. Now I see that it’s the “commit late, commit rare” work scheme really doesn’t work, so I will be doing daily updates 😉
BTW @”student status” post: “Jakub” and “Kuba” refers to the same person, that is me 😉 I guess this falls under the “strange week” category, too 😛
Sorry for posting outside of my schedule, I just had to let you know that my rehab is almost over and I’m gearing up to catch up with all the work delayed during the last few days 🙂
This week I could finally get busy with annihilating Trac tickets and updating the unit tests. Since we have cleared my doubts concerning preparing diffs and commiting code, I’m just in the middle of preparing my first patches based on my work from the last few days.
I have been working on the following tickets:
#16240 – identified the possible issue and did some testing, I still have some research about get_terms to make sure I’m right
#11058 – reviewed the issue, this will probably be one of the tickets I will be working on next
plus a few other minor tickets, I’ll comment on this update with a list of patches as soon as I commit them 🙂
I also have updated the unit tests, I’m just testing them 😀
I have familiarized myself with the unit tests suite and I think, that I’m ready to begin the bughunt 🙂 I will be starting with some basic issues and if everything goes well – will move to the more troubling ones.
PS I wasn’t able to catch @jane on IRC this week despite my efforts, please hit me on IRC or e-mail when you read this, to finally discuss how my project code updates will be handled 😉
This week I have been playing around with the test suite. Not much to report yet, mostly R&D. I hope to do some work on my first tickets and unit tests during this week.