I was waiting for my repo to post a link to all of my patches, but since I still don’t have one, I will just write that I’m finishing my last patches which will get me safely above the milestone level 🙂 After I do this today, I plan to refresh this week some of Wojtek’s last year patches which are good but forgotten for no reason 🙂
Updates from Kuba Tyrcha Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
This week I have submitted a patch for #17928 (probably won’t make it in this form, but a later solution can be based on the comments tree traversal) and have been working on two more tickets, which I have not solved yet. Since I still don’t have an SVN repo (probably because there were different ideas about progress reporting) if someone who can create one for me reads this – please do so, it will be the easiest way for me to submit all my patches for evaluation.
This week I have been working mostly on updating the unit test suite and two tickets that I have been struggling with for some time. Also, it seems that there were some problems with the SVN so I will be remigrating my code shortly.
Another 3 patches ready this week, hopefully I will have completed most of the required tickets by the end of June. Also, I have tuned up a few unit tests to match the tickets.
This was a strange week for me. I had two major exams on the Uni, and just when I thought that I have my head clear for GSoC, my computer started crashing and I spent 4 days recovering my PC (fortunately, I was able to recover the WP copy I was working on with my patches, but after the 1.6.sth Tortoise SVN update the patches contained whole files, despite no difference in code apart from single lines :P). So, I’m merging the svn-generated patches with the trunk, recreating the correct patches and I think that tomorrow I will finally be back on my feet with 3 patches for the tickets from my last week’s post. Now I see that it’s the “commit late, commit rare” work scheme really doesn’t work, so I will be doing daily updates 😉
BTW @”student status” post: “Jakub” and “Kuba” refers to the same person, that is me 😉 I guess this falls under the “strange week” category, too 😛
This week I could finally get busy with annihilating Trac tickets and updating the unit tests. Since we have cleared my doubts concerning preparing diffs and commiting code, I’m just in the middle of preparing my first patches based on my work from the last few days.
I have been working on the following tickets:
#16240 – identified the possible issue and did some testing, I still have some research about get_terms to make sure I’m right
#11058 – reviewed the issue, this will probably be one of the tickets I will be working on next
plus a few other minor tickets, I’ll comment on this update with a list of patches as soon as I commit them 🙂
I also have updated the unit tests, I’m just testing them 😀
I have familiarized myself with the unit tests suite and I think, that I’m ready to begin the bughunt 🙂 I will be starting with some basic issues and if everything goes well – will move to the more troubling ones.
PS I wasn’t able to catch @jane on IRC this week despite my efforts, please hit me on IRC or e-mail when you read this, to finally discuss how my project code updates will be handled 😉
This week I have been playing around with the test suite. Not much to report yet, mostly R&D. I hope to do some work on my first tickets and unit tests during this week.
Not much changed during the last few days, I have discussed the revised schedule with my admins and started playing around with unit tests. Hopefully, during this week I will be able to write some enhancements which I will report next week 😉 We have decided, that 20+15 tickets sounds reasonable as a schedule, in addition to the unit tests improvements and heavy testing of these patches.
For a few days I had so many mentors to get in touch with that I was a little confused about which one to talk to, but as the issue seems to be gone now, I made a few steps forward 🙂 I spoke to Andrew Nacin about my project and we agreed, that along with just submitting the patches, I will be updating the unit tests suite, to test both the pathes submited my me, and the one which were submitted earlier. I will be concentrating on core patching and testing, but if I see some interesting JS issues I won’t stick to my core tickets but I’ll go with it as well. Next week I hope to give the unit tests a solid test drive and have a detailed look on what’s already been done. As for the schedule, there will be probably a last-minute update related to the unit tests, we are still working on it so you will see what we decided in a few hours 😉