I haven’t posted my update last week because there is nothing new to update. last week we got our SVN credentials. So i decided to start coding early since i have completed all my learning part before submitting the proposal. I started coding my first part of the project, User management. It was very smooth as expected 🙂 Thanks to the existing API which made my job easy.
I have added a patch for each methods for review. After the review necessary changes will be made and committed to the core
- I have omitted some of the fields in user management as it will be not useful for external clients such as admin color scheme etc
- The first field of all methods are reserved for blog_ID for future use
- wp-admin interface do not validate user websites. So I,m leaving that as it is.
- blocker – http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16980 There is this known issue that empty values are ignored by IXR server. So there is no way to set a field empty via XMLRPC. Say if you first add your AIM and you want clear it as you no longer use AIM, there is no way to do that unless the issue is fixed.
- i worked on sending a confirmation mail to users after registration. But there was no mail in the test mail. Even the registering via admin interface doesn’t send a mail. I’m leaving it for the moment and come back to that later.
- I couldn’t identify a common pattern in the use of error codes used. Although i have used as it is from the existing methods there is no resources explaining the use of error codes in WordPress ?
- A user can be identified using different parameters such as user_ID, email, username etc. Currently the methods only support modifying users using user_ID. Will it be desirable to support all the parameters ?
- What is the use of user_nicename field?