Weekly update #2

Hello all,

Sorry for my delay in posting this update.

My biggest progress this week was in checking some external libraries which I might use for my plug-in. I’ve settled with Amplifiy.js, which offers all I’d need: storage abstraction and fallback for older browsers, request caching, and (very important) custom events triggering, which I’ll make into the interface for plug-in and theme developers.

I’ve also started poking with xdebug at the save post mechanism, to see exactly what happens when you save a post. Along with watching the Javascript which helps this, this is (part of ) what I’ll be doing this week.